Father Andrew Souby Baptistry – 1922-1924
The baptistry, designed by Father Souby and built during his pastorate here, will be renamed in his honor and dedicated on Sunday, June 28, 2009 following the 11:00 a.m. Mass. We most warmly extend an invitation to all in our community to join us and members of Father Souby’s family on this momentous occasion.
Stained Glass Windows
During the restoration of the church in 1982-83, two of the round windows in the baptistry, those on the east and west sides, were removed and placed in the transept of the church. All these years, the window openings
were simply covered with Plexiglas. In 2008, the Willet Hauser Architectural Glass, Incorporated of Winona, Minnesota and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, created two new windows for the openings that are in keeping with the design of those from the 1920’s.
Mr. & Mrs. Cameron Webster and Mr. Parker Conrad are the sponsors of these beautiful new creations. The Webster Window is dedicated in memory of their parents, Mr. & Mrs. N.A. Bert Chauvin and Mr. & Mrs. Joseph H. Webster. The Conrad window is dedicated in memory of his wife, Shirley Conrad.